Monday 8 December 2014

Assignment 2: Expanding Squares Layout and Composition (Process)

Out of the few sketches that I have made, Miss Lisa chose these two and I made some changes. As for the symmetrical one, I made measurements so that it would be symmetrical. One of the difficulties that I have faced was doing the asymmetrical sketches. Somehow I kept sketching the supposedly asymmetrical into something that looks symmetrical. I made a lot of changes to it and finally it ended up looking asymmetrical. These are the ones that Ms Lisa chose:



While sticking the pieces together, I was in a dilemma about whether it should be stuck together or separated on both sides. I was worried about the one in the second picture because at first it looks a little like symmetrical design. But I decided to stick it that way because that way, I could stick the petals around it and it would look much better. However, I still tried both of the design without putting any glue yet and this is how both of it would look like:



No comments:

Post a Comment