Wednesday 25 June 2014

Assignment 3: Paper Cut Out (Lecture)

We had another lecture today, but only for a tiny bit. It's about our new assignment that she gave us today. We are required to do paper cut out for our newest assignment. When I heard that, I was stunned for a moment as I have never done paper cut out before. Ms Lisa wanted us to do 2 paper cut outs of the same theme. As usual, she wanted us to come up with a few themes. After choosing 2 or 3  out of all the other themes you proposed, we are needed to sketch some ideas and show her.

I proposed a few themes:
- Carnival
- Typography
- Roses
- Angels
- Dandelions
- Tribal patterns

Ms Lisa chose Carousel and Typography. Therefore, I sketched a few ideas out in my sketchbook. These are some of my sketches that I made:



In the end, the lecturer chose the theme 'Carnival' for me and I was excited to start my first ever paper cut out in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment