Wednesday 1 July 2015

Photo Touch Up

For this assignment, we were told to search up on vintage-looking family portraits or our own old family photos that are in black and white so that we could retouch it and make it coloured and new. I took some time in searching for a vintage family portrait. In the end, I have made up my mind and chose this photo for this assignment:


We were taught to use the 'soft light' as we were colouring it to touch it up. It was a little frustrating at first because I kept forgetting to colour them in different layers but sooner or later I got used to it and worked faster on it. This is how it turned out after I have finished touching up my chosen photo:


This photo was taken in a studio and used a fake garden-looking background. Therefore, I coloured it in a way that shows that it is fake. However, the couple as well as the white fur carpet and chair looked real after touching up.

No comments:

Post a Comment