Wednesday 1 July 2015

Characteristic Word - Cake

We were told to choose a word on the spot in class and notify the lecturer about the chosen word. We were then needed to immediately start sketching out our ideas. The words chosen must be accompanied with the characteristics of the words to make the viewer know the words by looking at the designs around them as if the word doesn't even exist.

My chosen word was cake and this is my sketch:


I have sketched some chocolate dripping off the letter 'C' but I think it did not work out well. I also wanted to include the swirly piece of chocolate that chefs use to decorate the plate with. Besides that, I drew a few creams around the paper because the first few ones did not work out as well and I just continued to draw more and more.

This was how I started on my words:
I typed out the word 'CAKE' and made even kernings between each letter before I start creating the designs. Also, I chose a colour for each of the letters to make sure that the cream's colour would not clash with the first letter.

This is the final outcome for my chosen word, cake:
A broken piece of chocolate is stuck on top of the letter 'C' with strawberry and chocolate sprinkles all around the bottom half of that particular letter and some that fell off, scattering the floor with it. There is a fresh red cherry on the curved part of the letter as well. A sliced strawberry is placed on the letter 'A'. The letter 'K' was covered with chocolate syrup, dripping off it as well. Last but not least, I made the letter 'E' seem like a part of a sliced cake with a blob of cream on top of both the letters 'K' and 'K'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment