Wednesday 1 July 2015

Greeting Cards

This assignment was also given by the other lecturer, the one who gave us the 'Buddy Icon' assignment, Mr Asrizal. A greeting card was to be designed and produced by us and the theme for it was based on our own country, Malaysia. We were also required to make a mind map about our chosen themes and sub-topics for each of them. 3 themes would be chosen by our lecturer and we will be making the greeting cards according to the themes chosen.

Food, tourist attraction, festivals and famous people in Malaysia was the main themes that I have proposed to the lecturer. He chose Pan Mee from the theme of food, Mid-Autumn Festival from the theme of festivals and Mount Kinabalu from the theme of tourist attraction.

Progress were made after the lecturer has chosen the themes for each and everyone of us. Here are some sketches that I have made:

The sketches for Mid-Autumn Festival.

The sketches for Mount Kinabalu.

The sketches for Pan Mee.

I drew a moon cake myself based on the one below:

The picture above is the one that I drew and was test-printed onto normal paper.

After sketches, came all the digital work. This is what my greeting cards looked like:

This is the front cover for the Mount Kinabalu greeting card.


 The insides of the Mount Kinabalu greeting card. On the right side will be a slip-in slot where I can insert a brochure that I made.

The brochure for Mount Kinabalu greeting card.

The front cover of the Pan Mee greeting card, which is a bowl of delicious dried Pan Mee.

The back cover of the Pan Mee greeting card, which is the bottom part of the bowl.

The insides for the Pan Mee greeting card, which consists of a quote saying, 'To Live Well Is To Eat Well'.

 The front cover was later decorated with a 3-D looking ingredients of Pan Mee.

Side view of the 3-D ingredients.

Unfortunately, I have lost all of my original files for the greeting cards somehow. I have tried a few ways of getting them retrieved back by using softwares like iSkysoft and EaseUS Recovery Data but both could not retrieve any of my data regarding my greeting cards design. I was really devastated and frustrated and hope that the DVDs that we handed in to the lecturer would be given back to us after the evaluation because the copy in my DVD would be the only one that is left.

The photos that I have here were the only ones that I had due to the fact that all these were taken with my phone and it was in my camera roll and not in my laptop. On the bright side, at least I still had some photos to show my progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment